This Policy will inform you as to how we look after your personal data, your privacy rights, how the law protects you, and our practises for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing your personal data when you visit our website worldteamchampionship.com or use any of our services (including, without limitation, any third party products or other services integrated into our website, such as Woocommerce Payments or Jetpack (collectively referred to as the “Website”)
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practises regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practises, your choice is not to use our Website because we will not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter with you (for example, to provide you with services).
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
- THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
- HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
- HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- CHILDREN AND PRIVACY
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
- DATA SECURITY
- DATA RETENTION
- YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
- CONTACT INFORMATION
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
PURPOSE OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
For purposes of the European Union’s (“EU”) General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”), the WTC is the controller and responsible for this Website. In some instances We may act as a processor on behalf of another controller, for example, when a users personal information is used to populate the relevant fields in the third party tournament management application of another company (e.g. Best Coast Pairings, etc.), or used to power the ranking system of another company (e.g., Frontline, etc.).
We have appointed a data privacy manager who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this Policy and the GDPR .If you have any questions about this Policy, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the WTC’s data privacy manager using the details set out below.
World Team Championship
Individuals located in the EU have the right to make a complaint at any time to their appropriate [EU Country] supervisory authority for data protection issues. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the [EU Country] supervisory authority, so please contact us in the first instance.
It is important that the personal information, and importantly, the contact information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
The Website may include links (and advertisements) to third-party websites, plug-ins, and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements/notices. When you leave our Website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit and application you use.
- THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
“Personal Data” (or personal information) means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the person’s identity has been removed.
This Policy applies to Personal Data we collect:
- On this Website;
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website;
- Through mobile and/or desktop applications that are available for download from other third-party sources, or through such applications made available for your use through an authorised third party (e.g., Best Coast Pairings) which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the WTC and/or this Website; and
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
We collect several types of Personal Data from and about users of our Website, including the following:
- Identity Data includes: first name and last name
- Contact Data includes: email address.
- Technical Data includes: Your internet protocol (IP) addresses, login data, internet connection, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and information about the equipment (computer or mobile device) you use to access our Website.
- Transaction Data includes details about transactions with you and other details of anything you have purchased from us.
- Usage Data includes: information about how you use our Website.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes: your preferences in receiving marketing from us and any third parties, and your communication preferences.
We also use a third party payment processor, Woocommerce Payements, to handle all payment processing transaction data, and we, therefore, do not have access to any Financial Data, such as details about payments, billing addresses, or debit/credit card information.
We do collect Technical Data includes: internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone settings and location, browser plug-in types and versions, traffic data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access our Website. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We do not use automated technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioural tracking).
We do not maintain or associate the Technical Data we collect with your Personal Data. The Technical Data helps us to improve our Website and products to deliver a better and more personalised service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customise our Website and products according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
Excluding which national team you represent, if you are an active playing participant in the WTC, we do not collect any other Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, or genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions or offences.
- HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
We use different methods to collect this information from you and about you including:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Personal Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by email or otherwise. This includes Personal Data you provide when you:
- Register and use our Website (such as purchasing an event ticket or merchandise)
- Create an account on our Website.
- Subscribe to our Website.
- Request marketing be sent to you.
- Give us some feedback or report a problem with our Website.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our Website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns as you navigate through the Services. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive Personal Data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Technical Data from the following parties:
- Analytics providers (based both inside, or outside, the EU).
- Advertising networks (based both inside, or outside, the EU).
- Search information providers (based both inside, or outside, the EU).
- Contact, Financial or Transaction Data from providers of payment services, such as Woocommerce Payments* (based both inside, or outside, the EU) submitted by you detailing the transactions you carry out through our Website and the fulfilment of your orders.
- Identity, Contact and registration Data from our business partners (such as Best Coast Pairings)(based both inside, or outside, the EU).
The Website does not have the functionality for a forum when users submit contributions directly, but you may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties, such as event scores, army lists (collectively, “User Contributions”). User Contributions will be posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorised persons.
The WTC does have, and make use of, its own Discord Server (“WTC Discord Server”) for both voice and text communication between users, whilst this server is moderated by members of the WTC and includes its own user agreements, it is through a third party, Discord, and as such any contributions made by users there will fall under the data protection rules and policies of Discord. User Contributions to the WTC Discord Server will be posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the WTC Discord Server with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorised persons.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
- HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
As permitted by law, we use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including your Personal Data:
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with legal or regulatory obligations.
We generally do not rely on consent as the legal basis for processing your Personal Data other than in relation to sending third party or direct marketing communications to you via email about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. You have the right to withdraw consent to such marketing by emailing the address provided in the Contact Information section below.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We set out below, in table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your Personal Data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. Note that we may process your Personal Data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your Personal Data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your Personal Data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below:
|Purpose/Activity||Type of Data||Lawful basis for processing including the basis of legitimate interest if applicable|
|To register you as a new customer||(a) Identity(b) Contact||Performance of a contract with you|
|To process and deliver your order including: (1) manage payments, fees, and charges; and (2) collect and recover money owed to us||(a) Identity(b) Contact(c) Transaction(d) Marketing and Communications||(1) Performance of a contract with you(2) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover debts due to us)|
|To administer and protect our business, Website, services (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting, and hosting of data)||(a) Identity(b) Contact||(1) Performance of a contract with you(2) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our Services, to develop them and grow our business.|
|To deliver relevant content via the Website and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you.||(a) Identity(b) Contact(c) Profile(d) Usage(e) Marketing and Communications||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our Services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
|To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods and services that may be of interest to you.||(a) Identity(b) Contact(d) Usage(e) Profile||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our Website and grow our business)|
*Legitimate Interest means the interest of the WTC’s business in conducting and managing our business to give you the best service/products and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you, both positive and negative, and your rights before we process your Personal Data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your Personal Data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you, unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law. You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us at the address listed in the Contact Information section below.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain uses of your Personal Data, particularly around marketing and advertising.
PROMOTIONAL OFFERS FROM WORLD TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
We may use your Identity, Contact, Usage, and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services, and offers may be relevant for you. We call this marketing.
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased Services from us, and in each case, if you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your Personal Data with any company outside of the WTC for marketing purposes.
You can request third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting us at the email address provided in the Contact Information section below.
CHANGE OF PURPOSE
We will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably determine that we need to use it for another reason compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us at the email address provided in the Contact Information section below.
If we need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your Personal Data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where such processing is required or permitted by law.
- DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose Personal Data that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy with the parties described below for the purposes set forth in the table in Section 4 above:
- Internal Third Parties:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- External Third Parties:
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganisation, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the WTC’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the WTC about our Website’s users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to or not opted out of these disclosures.
- To third parties (e.g., shops) for estimating attendance, ticket verification purpose.
- CHILDREN AND PRIVACY
Children under 16 can not attend WTC events and can not purchase any items from our webstore.
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER
If you are located in a province, country, or other government jurisdiction outside of the EU, and if you choose to provide your personal information to the WTC through our Website, please be aware that your personal information will be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside the EU and applicable privacy laws may not be as protective as those within the EU jurisdiction.
Whenever we transfer your personal data to countries outside of the EU, we strive to ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the EU and the US.
Please contact us if you would like further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EU.
- DATA SECURITY
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorised access, use, alteration and disclosure. We also limit access to Personal Data to those employees, agents, contractors, and other third parties who have a business need to know. These individuals will only process your Personal Data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to or through our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
All Financial Data is securely processed by Woocommerce Payments is available here *https://woocommerce.com/document/woocommerce-security-faq/
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected incident involving Personal Data and will notify you and any applicable regulator of an incident involving Personal Data where we are legally required to do so.
- DATA RETENTION
We maintain one or more databases to store your Personal Data and may keep such information indefinitely in order to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. In some circumstances you may ask us to delete your Personal Data. See the section below regarding Requesting Erasure for more information. In some circumstances we may anonymize your Personal Data so that it can no longer be associated with you for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Financial Data is collected and maintained by our third party payment processor, Woocommerce Payments* and is subject to Woocommerce Payments* data retention policy.
- YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending an email to the email address provided in the Contact Information section below.
- Promotional Offers from the WTC. If you do not wish to have your email address used by the WTC to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to the e-mail address provided below in the Contact Information section. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to communications with the WTC as a result of a product purchase, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to the e-mail address provided below in the Contact Information section.
- We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (”NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE EUROPEAN UNION’S GDPR
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under the EU’s GDPR regarding your Personal Data. Each of the rights is summarised below:
- Request access to your Personal Data. You have the right to be informed of the Personal Data we hold about you, and why and how we have it.
- Request correction of your Personal Data. You have the right to request correction of inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data although we will need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us. We may not be able to accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
- Request erasure of your Personal Data. You have the right to have your Personal Data erased if there is no good reason for us to continue to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete/erase your Personal Data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to its processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your Personal Data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request to erase for specific legal reasons which will be provided to you, if applicable, when evaluating your request. By requesting that we delete your Personal Data, we may keep the statistical data (including, without limitation, your tournament score information), however such data will not be connected to your name or other Personal Data.
- Object to processing of your Personal Data. You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data where we have justified the data processing on the basis of our legitimate interests and there is something about your particular situation which makes you feel the processing impacts your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request restriction of processing your Personal Data. You have the right to restrict the processing of your Personal Data if: the accuracy of the data is being contested for as long as it takes to verify that accuracy; the processing is unlawful and you request restriction of processing (rather than erasure of the data); we no longer need the data for its original purpose but you would like us to hold the data because you need it to establish, exercise, or defend legal rights; or you have objected to our use of your Personal Data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate interests to use it.
- Request transfer of your Personal Data. You have the right to request the transfer of your Personal Data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you designate, your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. This right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Right to withdraw consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Data where we were relying on consent to process your Personal Data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain services to you. We will advise you if this is the case when reviewing your request to withdraw your consent.
You may exercise any of these rights by emailing us at the address listed in the Contact Information section below. You will not have to pay a fee to access your Personal Data or to exercise any of the other rights. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive, or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in such circumstances. Also, the exercise of some rights will prevent our ability to provide Services to you, and if this is the case, we will explain this to you when you submit your request to us.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your Personal Data or to exercise any of your other rights. This is a security measure to ensure that Personal Data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month after the request is received. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have submitted several requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
- CONTACT INFORMATION
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practises, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org*