World Team Championship is being held in Mechelen, Belgium for the years of 2022, 2023 & 2024.
Our venue of choice is
Nekkerhal – Brussels North – Mechelen
Plattebeekstraat 1, 2800 Mechelen, Belgium
How to get to venue: The venue is located between two train stations. 15 minute walk from Nekkerspeol station and 30 min walk from Mechelen station. The city center is 15 minutes walk away from the venue.
Travel & Covid-19
You can find most up to date information regarding Belgium and Covid-19 HERE.
There are 1500 parking places available at the venue, at the cost of 6€ per day. We recommend staying in Mechelen and not commuting everyday, so it will be a more relaxed experience and you can spend the evening relaxing with other players in the city center.
WTC will be located in “Section 1” , for Tuesday morning, we will use Entrance “6”, for other days the one that will be used is Entrance B (see left side) , Parking lot side entrance on the left side.
Catering & Drinks
For catering, there will be food available for purchase on site. There will be no pre-sales before the event.
We will have a bar at the event, which will store the best beverages Belgium can offer and ample snacks.
And water will be available free of charge to everybody during the event from a water fountain. There will be resuable cups available along with metal canteens for purchase on site, but you are free to bring your own drinking container!
The city of Mechelen is located near Brussels, about 25 kilometres northeast of the Belgian Capital. As such it is very accessible by car, and for people that fly in via Brussels Zaventem airport it is just a short train ride away. More detailed information can be found HERE but for convenience some info has been summarised here.
If coming by Plane
If coming via Train
- If you are arriving via Train but not from the airport, your arrival station still would be “Mechelen”. You can search for tickets from the Belgian Rail Website.
If coming via Car
- Mechelen is furthermore easy to reach from neighbouring countries. If you are coming from the Netherlands you will be in Mechelen in no time via Antwerp. Coming from Germany the easiest is to drive via Liege and from France the motorway past Brussels takes you right to Mechelen.
- Mechelen is located along the E19 motoway in the middle of Flanders, half way between Antwerp and Brussels. This makes Mechelen easy to reach and also the perfect place from which to explore Flanders.
- On the E19 motorway between Antwerp and Brussels you have a choice of exit 9 (Mechelen-Noord) and exit 10 (Mechelen-Zuid). After that follow the signs to Mechelen Centrum.
- We are currently working on getting discounted accomodation offers for WTC players, check the current ones HERE!